Last Updated: 02/07/2021
Our contact details are:
Email address: Info@IBDPassport.com
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we deal with your personal data, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our data privacy manager using the details above.
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice explains how we collect and processes your personal data, for example, data that you may provide when you use our services or contact us through our website or apply for a job or register to attend our events. We are committed to protecting your personal data and this privacy notice will explain how we look after it and what rights you have.
Our website and our services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How this privacy notice operates with our other processing notices
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or otherwise processing personal data about you so that you know how and why we are using it. This privacy notice supplements those other notices and is not intended to override them.
IBD Passport is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications including
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- From time to time and only if you opt in for the service, we may use your information to contact you for market research purposes via email.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Healthcare professionals who register for IBD Passport agree that their institutions contact details will be added to our interactive map. The details will be visible to other registered users. Patient users will not be able to view telephone numbers, fax numbers and e-mail addresses of institutions unless provided with consent for this use. You have the option to opt out of appearing on the interactive map and still be able to register for the site by emailing us at email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve the IBD Passport website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
IBD Passport may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the IBD Passport site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to opt in for direct marketing or other purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Kay Greveson, Centre for gastroenterology, Royal Free Hospital, London, NW3 2QG.
If you believe that any information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.